For many shipping industry pros and transportation companies, balancing efficient delivery services and ensuring the highest level of perfection possible is an ongoing struggle. Improving the management and accuracy of orders, shipments, and inventory can impact the entire supply chain and therefore must be a top priority. Sometimes the ultimate goal should be delivery perfection, while other times incremental improvement and overall success are enough. No matter where the focus ends up, digital order management solutions and robotic process automation (RPA) can help shippers manage their value chains and improve customer satisfaction without sacrificing profits. This concept lies at the heart of the logistics process in any modern supply chain network.
Challenges of Managing the Growing Complexity and Scale of Shipments and Inventory
Striving for perfect orders naturally represents a praise-worthy objective for any company. It can help to increase customer satisfaction and reduce costs by keeping high-end well-paying customers satisfied. Maintaining that balance between speed and accuracy can be a challenge for many shippers and logistics managers, for the following reasons:
- The extensive time drain that comes from manually managing emails and phone calls.
- High error rate due to outdated information and decisions based on inaccurate data.
- Poor data processing time leads to delays and backlogs, and scheduling conflicts.
- Lack of solid communication lines between team members and customers alike.
- Ineffective tracking updates and communications about delivery ETAs.
- Limited end-to-end visibility hampers scalability and flexibility.
- Less-than-ideal collaboration between shippers and carriers to manage capacity needs.
- Poor utilization and onboarding of homegrown RPA systems and automated tools and systems.
Ensuring optimized logistics process management depends heavily on managing the complexity and scalability of the current transportation market. Addressing these and other significant challenges helps administrators maintain control and enable better management from start to finish.
Logistics Process Workflow Automation Saves Back-Office Resources and Streamlines Replenishment
By adopting digital services such as pre-built RPA platforms and tools and deploying automated solutions efficiently, supply chain managers and directors can come closer to realizing the perfect order and ensuring accuracy of essential logistics processes. According to Cognizant, “companies with the best supply chains greatly outperform the S&P 500, and those with perfect order rates of 80% or higher are more profitable than peers with lower rates. These companies also have higher earnings per share and a better return on assets. By applying the perfect order rate to manufacturing output or distribution center operations, managers can better understand the value of delivering a perfect order. And by quantifying the costs and risks of failure, organizations will better understand whether and where to invest in order management improvements.”
All of this growth and expansion becomes easier and more efficient with proper tools and technology. Embracing RPA, machine learning, AI, and automation can help to increase perfect order rates and reduce instances of errors and disruptions with every order and every customer serviced.
Added Uses of RPA to Improve Workflows
Embracing automation, chatbots, AI technology, automation, and digital logistics processes can help improve supply chain workflows. Utilizing RPA in supply chain operations can boost supply chain efficiency in many ways:
- Fewer overlooked customer inquiries and better customer satisfaction rates.
- Improved email response processes, dervived from analyzing RPA aggregate data from email.
- Seamless data sharing between systems, team members, management teams, and third-party service providers.
- Analyzing data to understand actual reordering needs and shifts in the supply and demand balance.
- Tracking inventory and using push notifications that interact with the tech stack to prevent stockouts.
- Using RPA to validate shipment details in packaging and labeling.
- Scheduling pick-up based on RPA-integrated workflows.
- Leveraging RPA to track shipments and identify areas for efficiency improvements.
- Automating the quoting and follow-up process to obtain customer feedback that will help drive continuous improvement.
Enhance Logistics Process Workflows With RPA Labs
These supply chain workflow solutions also help increase collaboration and accountability throughout the supply chain. Logistics technology such as RPA tools and systems can provide a better experience for everyone involved, from customers to managers to shippers and third-party service providers. Digital order management solutions and RPA platforms and tools can make it easier for managers and directors to monitor vital value chain operations and improve customer satisfaction while protecting profits at the same time. Get in touch with RPA Labs today for a free demo to see how to quickly enhance the accuracy of orders, shipments, and inventory in your network.