Load matching is growing rapidly as digital freight startups proliferate. With the increasing demand for products as economies begins to recover, markets open up, and customers get back into a pre-pandemic routine, the demand for faster and more reliable shipping options will grow as well. Automation in logistics and the streamlining of processes within load and capacity matching will have a huge impact. As explained by The Wall Street Journal, “Digital freight startups use technology to streamline the sometimes cumbersome process of connecting truckers with shippers looking to move cargo. Such ventures drew more than $2 billion in investor backing between 2011 and 2020.” Modern robotic processing automation (RPA) makes it easier than ever to match loads with carriers and minimize redundancies within the process.
Why Load Matching Is Filled With Redundancies
The process of matching up available shipping loads to carriers that can accommodate those specific shipping needs is by nature mundane. There are also numerous redundancies involved, with many hours spent combing through emails, making phone calls, and checking the listings for hundreds of carriers just to check for availability. And when carriers are identified and contacted, it can often turn into a drawn-out process simply to find out who is available, which rates are acceptable, and what schedules are like. Automating the load-matching process can help eliminate many ineffective processes and make everything much faster, easier, and more streamlined. RPA in supply chain systems can help reduce redundancies and waste within the network.
RPA Streamlines Processing of Routine Work for Matching
The leading benefit of RPA-based load-matching services is how they can streamline routine processes to free up team members for more critical and hands-on jobs. Rather than team members pending hours on the phone and responding to customer inquiries about shipping status and locations, they can deal with more urgent issues and tasks. The redundancies seen with traditional matchmaking can be done just as easily and much more effectively with RPA bots, systems, and tools. This workflow automation allows the entire network to operate more efficiently and profitably as mundane tasks do not waste valuable employee time and payroll hours.
Additional Benefits of Using RPA for Load Matching
When supply chain managers implement RPA for load matching and logistics managers can utilize these automated processes effectively within the supply chain, other benefits also result from this technological advancement:
- Less time worrying about capacity procurement. With automated dashboards, bid reviews, and communications, the process of securing capacity and partnering with carriers becomes much more streamlined and simplified.
- Improved throughput and expanded load capacity. When bids can be reviewed and accepted quickly, more loads are easily accessible, more drivers can be kept on the roads, and overall productivity levels improve.
- Access to more competitive capacity. Online dashboards and platforms allow shippers to quickly get access to a larger pool of pre-vetted carriers who can handle an array of shipment loads and types.
- Reliable processing of invoices and paperwork. Digital document management makes it easier to finalize, close, record, and access important papers throughout all lines and channels of communication.
- Elimination of repetitive communications. With automatic status and the use of chatbots, customers can search from routine information themselves.
- Improved transparency and clearer goals. With automated notifications for shipment status, it is easier for everyone to stay on the same page.
Put the Power of RPA to Work by Choosing the Right Software Provider
Modern robotic processing automation allows supply chain managers and shippers to communicate more easily with carriers and ensures minimal redundancies in the load-matching process. The redundancies commonly involved with load-to-carrier matching are much more manageable with innovative RPA bots, collaborative dashboards, machine-driven systems, and AI-enabled tools. Contact RPA Labs today for a demo and to get started.