Have you planned for automation in your 2021 budget? Although it can sound daunting, automating simple tasks within your organization can save 40% or more in operational costs. The long-term impact of not automating through technology like RPA could hurt your company’s ability to compete and meet heightening customer demands. Our advice is to identify smaller, easily automated tasks that help get you to a larger goal. Simple automations can include anything from automating spot quotes via email to processing shipping documents or triggering notifications throughout a workflow.
Reducing Latency with Logistics Process Automation
Managing emails, documents, and workflows manually create latency with slow processing speeds. In turn, this can have a negative impact on your customer’s overall experience. Here are a few processes we’ve identified that contribute to an organization’s latency:
- Re-keying data from documents into systems
- Manually responding to email inquiries
- Losing or misfiling documents
These simple processes can be automated in less than two months. RPA Labs provides an affordable, flexible way to automate logistics processes by using a blend of artificial intelligence, machine learning, and natural language processing to learn and mimic repetitive, time-sucking workflows. The result of this automation is a more integrated process that optimizes your existing technology, saves time and resources, and generates significant gains for your business.
Three Areas of Automation:
Conversation Automation — A proprietary combination of machine learning (ML) and natural language processing (NLP) allows RPA Labs to automate conversations with customers and vendors. Specialized for the logistics industry, Response Bots are complete with their own language library of logistics terminology that allow queries to be answered instantly through emails, mobile devices, chatbots, and more. In an industry in which 90% of correspondence is conducted via email, implementing email and conversation automation can be a true game-changer
Document Automation — Many companies rely on employees to do data entry, document processing, shipment tracking, and invoicing. Handling these tasks, in addition to providing good service and communicating regularly with partners and clients, can be dull, time-consuming and cumbersome for any logistics company. Document Bots allow for seamless system-to-system interaction with a no-code interface. Migrating data from shipping instructions, BOLs, packing invoices, and other documents has never been easier.
Workflow Automation — Workflow Bots initiate interactions with customers and processes within systems and streamline integrations between any TMS, ERP, finance system, or operating system. Normal processes to submit or receive documents, track shipments, pass another step onto an associate overseas, or even email other parties for an updated status can be automated.
Conversations, documents, and workflows can be automated seamlessly with Software Bots bridging the connection between raw data and operating systems. By reducing time spent manually managing processes, our solutions allow key staff members to reclaim countless hours each week to focus on developing new business strategies and personalizing customer experiences.
Benefits of Automation:
- Error Reduction: Our error rate is 0.1% compared to manual processing with a staggering 1-5% (or higher) error rate. Automating processes ensures a drastic reduction in errors, and these hidden savings add up.
- Improved Customer Service: Communicating with customers just got a lot easier – If information is missing, an email can automatically go out to your customer to get the information you need to fulfill an order rather than manually following up. Shipments can be processed faster and smoother, leading to happier customers.
- Scalability: As soon as business picks up, Software Bots are instantly able to handle the excess without having to hire and train new employees.
- Speed: Our bots are 20-50x faster and work 24×7.
How to Budget for Automation in 2021 in 5 Steps
- Start the conversation with your team and decide on leadership for your organization’s RPA initiative
- Identify what tasks in your organization are in need of automation and current costs associated with them (Number of employees involved, costs, etc)
- Make a list of priority projects
- Research your options and find a provider that best suits your automation needs. Demo, demo, demo – Demos are the only true way to solidify a budget, timeline, and know exactly how a provider will integrate with your existing software
- Keep an open line of communication with your provider throughout the implementation process
Budgeting early for automation will incur savings throughout the year and effectively reduce operational costs. With our 6-8 week implementation time you’ll see an ROI within a few short months. Interested in adding automation to your 2021 budget? Schedule a demo for a custom solution and an estimate you can plan for.