According to customer data shared by RPA Labs, Freight Forwarders spend 113 minutes on average processing shipments, and that’s not even including time spent drafting emails to clients, waiting for responses, or digging up documents that have been misfiled or lost. Here’s the breakdown of a Freight Forwarders workflow from our research:
- Collect SI or BOL data and create the house bill of lading – 10 minutes
- Check and link house bill of lading into master – 2 minutes
- Submit SI & VGM – 20 minutes
- Advanced filing for US, CA, etc, shipments – 2 minutes
- Verify master bill of lading and upload into ERP – 2 minutes
- Record cost provision – 2 minutes
- Update ATD or job confirmation – 10 minutes
- Issue agent’s delivery notice (D/N) – 2 minutes
- Send pre-alert to destination – 2 minutes
- Collect master sea waybill – 5 minutes
- Verify actual cost – 2 minutes
- Prepare HBL draft – 10 minutes
- Verify HBL draft with shipper – 2 minutes
- Prepare and send D/N to shipper – 10 minutes
- Payment received – 2 minutes
- HBL Releasing – 5 minutes
- Customers clearance document checking – 10 minutes
- Arrival notice preparation – 15 minutes
The total time spent manually processing each step combines to a staggering 113 minutes. Realistically, we know that this can sometimes take hours or days. Using Software Bots to automate every step of a freight forwarders’ workflow can help cut the time spent processing shipments by as much as 85%.
With the rise of competition and market pressure, it is becoming more difficult to meet the profit margins needed to grow in the freight forwarding industry. Forwarders are facing increased pressure to:
- Become digital
- Offer a better experience to the customer
- Grow the business with more jobs completed per person
- Commit less mistakes
Customers are also getting more demanding – asking their vendors to move faster, answering their requests without waiting. Instant notification and gratification is becoming the standard. RPA Labs realized that “doing more with less” is the holy grail to growing the business, so we developed custom solutions that allow freight forwarders to digitize with ease. Here are the top seven automations we think every Freight Forwarder should implement in their workflows:
1. Quote & Booking Automation
More than 75% of customers buy from the company that responds first. Sales conversions are even higher if there is a response within the first minute. Instant response times give companies an edge over their competitors, leading to more wins and happier customers.
By reducing manual time spent answering online inquiries, key staff members are able to reclaim countless hours each week to focus on developing new business strategies and personalizing customer experiences.
2. Sailing Schedules
Vessel schedules can be impacted for many different reasons such as route deviations, weather, port operations, and vessel speeds. Keeping track of these schedule-altering factors can be difficult to manage. RPA Labs automatically collects, processes, and migrates sailing schedules from emails, portals, EDI Messages, forms, third party websites, and more, into any system. This results in the delivery of the highest quality sailing schedule data and allows freight forwarders to improve shipment management.
3. Document Automation
Document Automation allows for seamless system-to-system interaction with a no-code interface. Migrating data from shipping instructions, BOLs, packing invoices, and other documents has never been easier.
- Document Collection
- Read 100% of documents and categorize them by document type, customer, and more
- Extract and migrate data directly into any TMS/ERP system
- Data Confirmation
- Each document is checked for errors and matched with respective purchase orders
- Notify parties for missing or wrong information
- Automated Data Entry
- Reduce time spent processing each document by as much as 85%
- Allow employees to focus on high-level strategy instead of data entry
4. Container Tracking
Enhance customer visibility with notifications and tracking updates sent every step of the way, eliminating manual time spent providing updates and allowing customers the freedom from sending follow-up messages. We track ocean containers globally by automatically collecting, processing, and migrating data from emails, portals, EDI Messages, forms, third party websites, and more, into your tracking system.
Consolidating all platforms into one centralized chat automation workflow allows for instant engagement with customers on your company’s website, Facebook, Twitter, and more.
5. Detention/Demurrage Management
Companies experience massive profit loss due to detention/demurrage fees, not to mention the countless employee hours spent manually reviewing each case. Our solutions provide visibility, proactive management, and creates a new profit source by applying robotic process automation.
- Visibility – We provide a stunning dashboard that shows exactly how much free time is left on every container, the delivery status, and sends alerts when time is almost up.
- Proactive Management – Our automated email reminder system sends a sequence of emails that let customers know how much free time is left. No more excuses or strained relationships.
- New Profit Source – Our solution automatically parlays the difference of what the carrier provides vs. customer free time. If a customer returns a container past the threshold, a charge can be created for the customer without incurring any charges from the carrier.
6. Rate & Ocean Contract Management
Keeping rates up to date is a nightmare. RPA Labs works with several providers to make sure that the rates quoted are accurate. We automate the contract extraction and upload process, decreasing time spent loading contracts into systems. In turn, this decreases labor costs and will effectively be able to accept more customers to handle rate management. Key benefits include:
- Process Improvement
- Reduce the amount of manual keying of converting contracts
- Speed up the document uploading process
- Increase Customer Volume
- Extend capacity to onboard more customers with several carrier contracts
- Improve Quality
- Minimize manual, error-prone processes
7. Real-Time Notifications
Your customers want to know when something happens. We provide that transparency with real-time notifications.
Enhance your customer experience by providing instant notifications for every milestone via email, WhatsApp/SMS, or custom chatbots. Your customers will have peace of mind knowing the status of their shipment – without having to send an email or pick up the phone.
- Monitor alerts and notifications to manage the status of the shipment
- Trigger workflows to notify customers/partners, collect a document, or plan operations based on the shipping notification
- Update internal TMS/ERP based on the notification from shipping line
Workflow of a Freight Forwarder: Before and After Automation
The results are in, automating manual steps in your workflow can reduce time spent processing shipments by as much as 85%. Check out our comparison side by side:
Total Manual: 113 Minutes | Total Automated: <18 Minutes