We’re Changing the Way the Logistics Industry Works
It’s been a big year for us at RPA Labs. We made a meaningful impact in the logistics industry by taking processes that were being done manually and automating them. From automating the documents that run in and out of systems, streamlining the detention and demurrage process, and automating freight invoices and audits so freight forwarders stop getting overcharged. We implemented a variety of bots for Freight Forwarders, 3PLs, Trucking Companies, and TMS/ERP Systems. We solved some major pain points for our customers:
- Re-keying data from documents into systems
- Customers waiting 12-24+ hours for responses to inquiries
- Email overload
- Long document processing times
- Disconnected systems causing repetitive & error-prone data entry
More than anything, we’ve loved the excited reaction we have received from our customers when they see how automation works in their own environment.
2020 Bots of the Year
Highlighting our top three Software Bots of 2020:
1. Document Indexing Bot – Takes documents from your email, splits them into single files, and indexes them directly into your ERP
- Analyzes document type, load numbers, vendor/customer names, dates, amounts, or any other set parameters
- If a PDF is received with several documents inside, each document is split into single files
- Automatically matches documents with the correct load
- Processes documents up to 85% faster and makes fewer mistakes
- Eliminates manual indexing
The Document Indexing Bot is currently indexing commercial invoices, packing lists, bill of ladings, pre-alerts, and customs documents for our customers. Read more about it here.
2. Detention & Demurrage Bot – Tracks containers and free days and notifies you about upcoming fees before they happen. The result:
- Cost Savings
Take action on approaching detention/demurrage fees
- Streamline the dispute resolution process
- Know which containers are approaching penalty or already with penalty
- Search features allow fast and easy view of any container
- Export data to share with team members
Make informed decisions concerning container status
Employees save time no longer having to re-key data and manually check with carriers for updates
Detention and demurrage fees often times go undetected until the invoices come piling in, but it’s become the accepted fate since there are so many containers to keep track of and not enough hours in the day to do it. Our Detention & Demurrage Bot is now cutting our customers’ fees up to 80%.
3. Email Response Bot – Responds to customer inquiries via email instantly
Specialized for the logistics industry, the Email Response Bot consists of Conversation AI, machine learning, and natural language processing, complete with its own language library of logistics terminology that allows queries to be answered instantly through emails. Some of the most common inquiries our customers are now automating include:
- Tracking Updates
- Quote Requests
- Sailing Schedules
- Customer Service Questions
Thank you for all of the support we received in 2020 and to all of our customers, investors, and team members that inspire us to bring automation to the logistics industry. Happy Holidays and all the best in 2021!
Interested in automation for 2021? Set up a time to chat with us!