Robotic automation, chatbots, and AI technology are more than just the latest fads. These advancements in technology help streamline countless functions and tasks within global supply chain operations and management systems. Everything from freight document management to shipment tracking to payment tracking can benefit from automation and robotic processes. Robotic process automation (RPA) can improve operations with BOLs, delivery alerts, freight document recording, real-time monitoring, drop-off confirmation, and payment verifications.
How RPA Enables Freight Document Management and Improves Data Collection, Analysis, and Application
Companies that work to implement RPA often achieve a strong competitive advantage through flexibility and adaptability. Automating complicated tasks and reducing both time and man-hours involved can help improve profits across the entire supply chain. According to Supply Chain Digital, the average international transactions require 35 separate freight documents with more than two dozen different parties getting involved.
Imagine all those interactions occurring digitally, and half of those interactions result in a manual email. However, RPA could power email response bots to compile data from emails, respond to emails when they arrive, and share relevant points or data with connected systems. It all adds up to increased efficiency within the management of all activities.
Additionally, compliance needed for domestic and international shipments can run into the hundreds for regulations and into the hundreds for additional trade agreements that also have to be considered when making any shipment across international borders. This serves as a striking example of how freight document management systems and improved data collection, analysis, and application can improve every step of domestic and international shipments.
The Value of RPA in BOLs and Pre-Alerts Along with Other Innovations Can Improve Freight Document Management and Streamline Routine Processes
When systems are outdated and processes stagnate, it causes many devastating disruptions: poor collaboration, communication issues, lost capacity, lost records, poor logistics management, additional fees, poor order completions, and poor customer service. Deploying a cloud-based supply chain platform designed to assimilate data and utilize machine learning tools and automated software systems can generate more long-lasting ROI and business benefits. Automating paperwork makes it easier to manage Bill of Lading (BOL) paperwork, invoices, payment records, claims reports, and other freight documents. The benefits of RPA can usually fall into three primary areas within the supply chain:
- Collaboration – Provides improved networking and team-building opportunities.
- Analytics – Faster collection and processing of data to easily send to team members.
- Utilization – Ensures proper use of tools, data, and resources to boost overall profits.
Utilize and Apply RPA Effectively to Keep Everyone Informed and to Bolster Collaborative Efforts Within the Supply Chain
Advanced automation and robotic software have come a long way in recent years and have improved supply chain services. RPA systems, including chatbots, documentation bots, workflow bots, and other innovations make it easier to collaborate with other parties and team members within the supply chain. Add to that the power and versatility of machine learning, intelligent data analytics, and prebuilt and preprogrammed automated services, and it is easy to see how utilizing these tools becomes vital for continued growth.
- Implement technological upgrades to reduce manual processing of orders and other administrative tasks.
- Run AI-based bots and software to automate processes and eliminate human error and mistakes almost entirely.
- RPA empowers management with the ability to respond quickly to proposals, quotes, and questions, thanks to smart logistics automation.
- Integrate innovative technology to streamline back-office processes such as recordkeeping and freight document management.
- Train staff members and complete thorough onboarding processes to ultimately increase productivity and profits.
- Operate customer service automatically with chatbots that provide 24/7, 365, engagement on any digital platform.
- Upgrade data collection and analytic systems to boost RPA functions and bolster current inefficiencies within the network.
Utilize the Power of RPA and automation to Improve Freight Document Management and Overall Organizational Practices
While most supply chain managers, logistics providers, shippers, transporters, and retailers have adopted automated processes, many businesses still lack full integration in their automation attempts. To truly grow and succeed in these times of market disruption and volatility, it is vital for shippers and freight forwarders to embrace the power of RPA and all the various automation and tech-driven innovations that are available. RPA can transform the entire inner workings of the supply chain, from shipment tracking to document management to overall investment returns. Book a demo with RPA Labs to learn more about how your team can start leveraging chatbots in freight interactions today.